Yep, that's my craft corner. And it's clean and tidy. I figured I should take a picture, because it will never again look like this. (Disclaimer: there are a LOT of things that go in this corner that aren't pictured like my embellishment carousel, scrapbooking paper, fabric stash, etc. But I'm slowly figuring out where those go without letting them take over the basement.)
I made myself a little bulletin board up there on the left. I painted a rectangle on the wall, put a cheap poster frame around it and hung up some cute metal plates. Before we left Munich, I found an awesome office supply store in Schwabing, and they had really cool magnets that needed to be put to good use. Voila! Now I have a real (ie non-virtual) inspiration board for some of my favorite Pinterest-esque items.
I love that all my main craft furniture is white so that I can add pops of color where I want them and can change them up without much fuss. Still need to work on making the space aesthetically cohesive, but it's a work-in-progress.
In the meantime, I've been doing more sewing. G likes her Imke well enough that she's worn it several times. She says she'd like pants to coordinate, so that'll be my next series: running-type pants for her, leggings for N, and sweatpants for E.
Here's Caroline's Clementine Tunika by Farbenmix. Have I mentioned that I love Hilco fabrics?!? Anyway, the tunic has a pocket through the front panel and is flared at the hip and a bit through the sleeves. I'll be making a pair of leggings from the same red/white stripe fabric as the sleeves. I didn't realize it until she was wearing it, but the shirt looks very 4th of July-ish. Oh, well.
"Hi, Emma! I'm a model like you now."
I told her I might make her another one, and if so, what suggestions did she have. She said that the flared sleeves made her feel like a fairy godmother. Ha!
Of course then it was E's turn to benefit from some experimentation. Here's the Foehr by Farbenmix. It is HUGE on him, so I had to roll up the sleeves for the pics. The neckline was a complete disaster (it's supposed to be a v-neck. It's not v-shaped or oval-shaped, but more like train-wreck-shaped. Live and learn.) And that pocket on his left arm? Yeah, looks more like a weird patch it's so big and low. (sigh)
In my defense, the pattern directions are all in German. So I had to make it up as I went along. But I won't be trying the v-neck again any time soon. In the meantime, E's gotten himself a fun play shirt or pajama top.
Now I've got my eye on the Avalon jacket pattern ... But that might be a bit ambitious just yet.
Oh, Marie, I love your place, you will definitely enjoy sewing there!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your shirts are gorgeous, your Kids seem to be very proud of their Mommy-made clothes. I had the same problems with necklines in the beginning, what helped me a Lot was using extra fabric for this part. Here ist is called Bündchen. I do Not exactly know the english translation, but it much easier to get a smooth neckline.
Congratulations to your Projects!!!
Carmen