I finally found my camera and downloaded the pictures I took while we were staying at the hotel. Here is a small sampling:
We went to a nearby theme park (of sorts) called Maerchenwald -- Fairy Tale Forest. There are little cabins scattered around where you can listen to abbreviated versions of favorite fairy tales, a ropes course, roller coasters, enormous slides, and all sorts of things for little people. G has decided that this is where she'll have her birthday party.
Here are the Spielvogels: Inge and Alex. We went to Maerchenwald with them and their little girl, Lena, who is 7. We've spent a good bit of time with this family -- they've become pretty good friends. We hung out with them once or twice when we were here back in 2004-05, but we did something with them nearly every weekend while we were living in the hotel. (This is the couple who were married at Reedy River Falls in G'ville before the redo.)
This was the best of the 20+ pics I tried to take of the 3 kids.
C loves her little brother!
When I can get her to settle down for a nap, she's out cold.
E was getting some new clothes and the girls were a bit jealous. So I got them new PJs. I forgot to cut off the hangar strings in the shorts, and C thought they were suspenders.
In addition to a very small amount of candy and sugar, the kids' Easter baskets were laden with more stuff for their doctor's kit (which didn't make it into the air freight), and they couldn't resist doctoring themselves and each other.
I took the kids to the Deutsches Museum (it has all kinds of wonderful things there -- an old ship, airplanes, musical instruments, etc., as well as a Kids' Museum in the basement.) It might be a good half-day destination for some of you when you come. Here we are taking a break on the LONG walk back.
Wonderful, wonderful shots, Marie. Nina's cuddling up with E.is too sweet for words....that baby boy is going to be spoilt rotten!
ReplyDelete