Thursday, January 12, 2012

Birthday Bash, Part I

So today is the Big Day for Li'l E!  As N proclaimed this morning, he's no longer zero.

It turns out that he's a birthday diva already.  He slept through the night Tuesday night, and despite our best hopes that he'd go two nights in a row, he started screaming at 3:30.  Not just wimpering or letting us know he was awake and wasn't happy about it ... full-blown, blood-curdling, shaking-the-windows, neighbors-calling-the-police kind of screaming.  (OK, so it probably wasn't that bad.  But it was unlike anything I've ever heard from him before.)  H went in with a fresh bottle in hopes of helping him zonk back out.  That was a no go.  So I went in and tried cuddling him, giving him teething tablets, and finally started singing.  As soon as my rendition of Happy Birthday was complete, he near-bout jumped back into his crib and settled back down.  So I went back to bed grumbling to H about how we've got a third birthday diva on our hands.

H and I have a few surprises in store for him this evening, even though his party isn't until Saturday.  Hopefully, pics of those will be posted tomorrow.  At any rate, we busted out the Red Shoes from Best Friend Amy this morning, as it's freezing cold outside and I didn't want his little toesies getting chilled on the way to school.  He was a bit irritated at me for trying to strap him into his Snuggli because then he couldn't admire his feet.  He kept trying to contort himself every which way to get a view of his spectacular hand-me-down shoes from the girls.

Here he took a short break from admiring his feet to listen to a story:

No comments:

Post a Comment