I got to spend a quiet day with the little guy today as we both are a bit punkish and I would never forgive myself if I got one of my little people relations sick... particularly my mythical nephew who just had heart surgery. I say mythical only because I've not yet met him and I hear tell he's a terrific little guy - very alert and sweet-natured and anxious to meet Auntie Marie. I've built him up in my mind and heart as being aglow and possessing a Buddha-esque personality. (sigh)
At any rate, 'lil E slept today. I mean really slept. Before we left Munich, he was still averaging 16-18 hours per day. The last few weeks have been a struggle - when he does go down for more than an hour or two, he wakes up frequently and fiercely and quite grumpily. But I gave in and put him on Carnation Instant Breakfast yesterday as he's not eaten in over a week -- I woke him up at midnight for another 5 oz of Carnation, then he woke up for more milk at 2:30ish and again at 4:00 but then slept until 9:55 this morning! And he was happy when I went in to get him - which is a welcome return to normal. He was zonked back out by 2:30 and slept until 6:00, giving me plenty of time to do my own thing. (Meanwhile, we got some work done at the house in preparation for our return in a few weeks.)
So I made a few skirts (Summer Love, for my friend in the know). The first came out way too big for my girls (I'll need to add some length and then try to figure out what size that waist is -- it nearly fits me). But the second is perfect for my younger princess fairy. Pics will come soon, once I make a coordinating top. I'll need to figure out how to better sew seams that will have some stretch -- perhaps a double needle would work better? (I envision a serger on my Christmas wish list.)
H and the girls came home utterly exhausted, but by all accounts they had a fabulous day. Berry picking at the Happy Berry this morning with Aunt Catherine, followed by an afternoon at H's Aunts' houses and at Isaqueena Point at Lake Keowee for the cookout/picnic. (I hear the huge tray full of rolls was particularly yummy.)
Art camp for the Ladybugs begins tomorrow. May the crafty mahem commence! (I don't have anything else to add, but I seem to like having parenthetical last thoughts at the end of each paragraph.)
No comments:
Post a Comment