Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cheerios

We had the neighbors' kids over last night for supper.  We're successfully making mac&cheese a world-wide trend for preschoolers, which pleases me no end. Emilian and Annabella ate seconds and thirds.

While the big kids were chowing down on mango, pretzels and mac&cheese, Edison was happily munching away on some Cheerios.  Katerline (the kids' mom) watched him in amazement.  'Yes,' I thought to myself, 'he's doing a great job with his pincher grasp.  And his chewing motion is getting better and he's choking less.  I do have a remarkable boy.'

But then I noticed that she had a weird expression on her face.  She started to say something and then changed her mind.  After a pause, she opened her mouth again, seemed to think better of it, and sat quietly for another moment.

'What?' I asked.

Eventually she drew up her courage and asked me, 'Are you feeding your son dog food?'

No wonder I've been getting bizarre looks when I give Edison a snack in public.  Cheerios look just like German Hundefutter ...

No comments:

Post a Comment