A co-worker of H's brought us some fish he'd caught. The top on is a HUGE HONKIN' FISH! He gave us instructions to heat the oven to 150 (Celcius) and bake for 90 minutes. The conversation that evening went something like this:
~Do you think we ought to thaw them out first?
~Naw. He said just to bake it. It's for an hour and a half. That should be fine.
~I'm not so sure. I really think we need to thaw this out tomorrow and try again tomorrow night.
~Let's just do it. It'll be fine.
So ... the little fishie tasted great. We'll never know about the big 'un.
Last weekend we headed out to one of the three castles of King Ludwig II. We had been to Neuschwanstein with the kids last fall, so we needed to check off Schloss Herrenchiemsee and Schloss Linderhof. So we began at Chiemsee. H has E up on his shoulders, and N is repeating her constant refrain of "Hey, wait for me!"
Lake Chiemsee is beautiful! It's roughly an hour (southeast?) of the city. H and I went and stayed at a little B&B on the water last time we were here and loved it.
Clearly, H is wearing his big fancy schmancy camera, so all the pics of the castle are still on his camera. I'll upload those once I get my hands on the memory disk.
For Mother's Day, I had requested that the kids paint me some pottery at "the painting store." (There's one in Spartanburg that G *loves* and I found one downtown here, too.) Hayne even got in on the action and painted a plate. I'll show the finished products another time. But here's the display/storage area of the final products that are awaiting pick-up.
E enjoys trying to feed himself. Like all little ones, he has a hard time managing to get the food to his mouth, but is successful in getting the food everywhere else. Here he's enjoying some bulgar with sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes.
This was taken yesterday: June 1st. Notice anything amiss? Yep, corduroy overalls in JUNE!! And G argued that since she had on legwarmers (pulled up to her hips, no less), she should be able to wear the tank top... Whatever. But the weather here is bonkers. Hot one day and freezing cold the next.
Today we took a trip to Schloss Linderhof. Mom came here with us when she visited back in '04 and took a picture of me and H through this same window. :) G did a great job filling in for Oma this time. Again, pics of the castle and grotto will come when I download H's camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment