Saturday, September 17, 2011

birthday wishes

All of G's wishes were granted for her birthday.  Lemon pound cake with sprinkles.  A mini-party at school (they didn't know it was her birthday).  Presents and presents and more presents.  She had a really terrific day, thanks to family and friends near and far.  Thank you.  I'll post any pics that were taken a bit later ~ Godmama Linda was the only one with her camera out, as Skype was keeping H busy and E was keeping me busy.  So it goes.  Tuesday, G will have a proper school birthday party, complete with chocolate chip cookies and gummy bears.

My friends were hoping to spend the weekend in Venice.  However there is a 24 hour train strike in Italy preventing them from getting there, and the hotel reservation can't be changed or refunded.  Serious party fail.

Oktoberfest starts today, however we're not headed there as the crowds will be outrageous, and a giant stroller is difficult to maneuver even during slow foot traffic times.  G is going to the Weise (where Oktoberfest takes place) with her class on a field trip on Monday morning, which should be a great deal of fun for her.

E is still doing his army crawl thing, but he's managing to pick up speed.  And he's drooling a lot again, so tooth #2 must be on its way.

C has been showing signs of stress the last few weeks.  Nothing major, but lots of minor meltdowns and a few potty accidents.  I'm loving the extra cuddles she seeks and the tight grip she has on my finger when we walk to and from school.  I like that she gets mad at me when I show up to pick her up at school -- she is never ready to leave when I get there, she says.  Very cute.

It was good to see some of you on Skype last night.  We miss all of you ~

No comments:

Post a Comment