September 20th: C at breakfast: "Mom, your hair is making an octopus. Really."
September 19th: Baked strawberry cupcakes for G's school birthday party tomorrow, but they fell and look rather pathetic. G commented, "They look like pig breasts," which of course leaves me wondering ...
September 2nd: Nina's prayer tonight: Thank you God for a wonderful day. I don't like when people I love go far away to South Carolina when I'm in Germany. Amen.
August 28th: G: We should always hold our cup with both hands.
Papa: Yep. That's a good rule.
N: I know a good rule. Papa: What is it? N: Don't spit on light bulbs. Papa: Yep. That's a good rule, too.
August 26th: Got a good chuckle this morning listening to G teach C addition. "If I have 5 lollipops and I give you 6, how many are left?"
July 25th: Caroline's quote of the day: Grace is always be illin'.
July 24th: Marie: (singing) I don't know where I'm a-gonna go when the volcano blows...
Caroline: I think maybe you should go home when the volcano blows. Or maybe go far away so you can watch it.
July 20th: G: Can we please go to the pet store and buy a cat?
M: Maybe after we move back to SC.
C: Why? G: Because we need a cat that speaks English.
June 25th: Nina, after the cosmic revelation that Mama does not in fact know everything: "If Amelia Bedelia were here, *she* could teach us how to make lemon merangue pie!"
May 29th: Trauma of the day: I noticed C very close to tears and asked what was wrong: "I swallowed my gum and now I have to eat candy!"
May 23rd: On the list of things I never thought I'd hear *my* child say: "Mama, can you break his head off for me?"
April 12th: I'm hungry. I'm about to growl. ~Caroline
April 11th: Mama, can we make a Christmas tree? Because it's always cold in Germany... ~Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment