I'm paraphrasing for Edison, of course. My way of saying it sounds so much less ... desperate. Poor little guy wants to crawl so badly, and his knees are up under him and ooching forward, but his hands just don't want to cooperate. So he ends up face-planting with each attempt. Fortunately for him, however, his most recent attempts have been cushioned by G's socks that she leaves laying around. Apparently they're quite tasty, but I'll leave that delicacy for my dear babe.
We went for our mandatory doctor's check-up this morning so that the girls can attend school next week. We had to go within 10 days of school starting, and of course (wouldn't you know) our pediatrician is on vacation. So H found another doc ~30 minutes away who was willing to see us. Though I doubt he bargained for a 45 minute visitation, as the vaccination records are not in the format he needed and weren't complete. So 2 shots later we were finally on our way, with an unplanned ice cream adventure as a reward for our good behavior.
G and C were a bit miffed yesterday when we went dierndl shopping. Their hearts were set on pink ones, and I ultimately had to promise I'd ask. But I wasn't going to go store to store looking, either. I had my shop all picked out, and we were going to get whatever they had in stock. So green it was. Of course they wanted matching ones, and green was the only color they had in both sizes. Once I get them washed and ironed (EGADS!) they'll be cute as buttons, I'm sure.
And of course I began the hunt for my dierndl. I found the blouse but no dress. So I'm headed back to the store this weekend. Of course the girls are thrilled with the possibility of the three of us being 'twins.' Hmph. We shall see...
My dear friends Linda and Wendy will arrive next week. I'm sure the timing of their trip has absolutely nothing to do with Oktoberfest opening next weekend... A coincidence, I'm certain. They may regret coming after a day or so -- I've been quite deprived of meaningful conversation longer than 10 minutes. I'm liable to talk them into an early departure.
Grace gets her hair cut tomorrow. The constant tangles are making both of us crazy. She ripped out a handful of hair yesterday and left it on the counter for me to find. (She's not the subtle type, clearly.) Caroline has decided to let hers grow out, so much to my dismay, her face will look longer and leaner in the coming months, despite the cute plumpness of those cheeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment