You can see how long G's hair was pre-cut. Nina is the little one in the background getting fussed over.
And here you can see how long Caroline's hair was:
And Grace mid-cut:
Edison got bored rather early on. And it was his nap time (he ended up coming home and sleeping for 5 hours until I finally woke him up):
I don't have post-pics yet. I'll work on that today. The girls were too excited that their friends were coming over later that afternoon to model for the camera.
However, you can see the transformation somewhat here. Katalin, our neighbor from the apartment next to us, invited us to come over to meet her one week old daughter, Cosima, and even suggested that Grace hold her for a bit.
Grace has made a few funny little Grace-isms the last few days. This morning on the way to school, she listed the animals she knew that are nocturnal: bats, wolves, owls, possum and so on. Not being clear on the proper pronunciation of the word, she then added, "We're not 'not-turnal.' So we must just be turnal."
And in preparation for our upcoming trip to Paris, I've been reviewing some of the sights and landmarks that they'll be seeing first-hand - the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, yada yada yada. So for one of her "homework" assignments yesterday, Grace had to draw her own rendering of the da Vinci's Mona Lisa (I'm told that it was a windy day the day Mona Lisa stood outside, so the wind was blowing her skirt around and she had to have something to hold on to so she could stand still.)
When she was done, we talked a bit more about da Vinci and some of the historians' thoughts about the Mona Lisa. I asked Grace how she thought Mona Lisa was feeling in the original painting, and she said, "Sad." I of course asked why she thought that. "Because she wants to be a real person instead of a painting."
One final tidbit of our family happenings - Dr. Caroline tells me that Edison has been suffering from terrible tummy aches. So she spent a great deal of time and attention (as she says) "doctoring and fairy spelling" her little brother yesterday morning:
These are very chic haircuts. The girls are ready for Paris.
ReplyDelete