There are several things about living in Germany that I will not miss upon our upcoming move:
* Bicyclists who come out of nowhere and deem themselves to always have the right of way
* Having to go to the market every other day
* How expensive everything is
* That there is a surcharge for nearly everything: most recently, for calling an ER to let them know we were coming
* All hamburger buns are stale
* The terrible light fixtures
* The long, dark, cold, wet winters
That said, there are several things that I will miss:
* Fresh flowers are available everywhere, year round
* Public transportation is easy, safe, and generally clean
* No one carries a concealed weapon
* Dozens of public playgrounds in every neighborhood
* Pretzels
* The variety of cultural experiences available to us
I'm glad we came, but I'll be glad to get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment