Friday, May 25, 2012

A Day in the Life

Is it Friday yet?  I sure hope so.  The last two weeks have been absolute marathons - what with Hayne being gone, four rounds of pink eye, a trip to the doctor, a round of antibiotics, four days of 'bonding' with the eldest, lots of daydreaming ...

Here are a few shots from the week:


 See the Arab woman in the background?  Scroll down for her story.





 Yep.  That's fabric.  :)

As I've mentioned many times before, I love that we live in such a culturally diverse area.  There are a *LOT* of Arabs, Russians, Spaniards, Italians ... who live in our area.  This woman's daughter, Silver (pronounced "Sel-vah") is in Grace's class and I see her mom frequently.  Their family escaped Fallujah when the bombing began.  She had six brothers and a sister -- all who were killed in the bombings along with her parents and many of her extended family.  She tries to go back once a year to meet up with the few who survived and couldn't or wouldn't leave.  

No comments:

Post a Comment