Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Flohmarkt Kind of Day

After going to the Schwabing fleamarket last weekend, I was pretty pumped about another one scheduled for today in Maxvorstadt.  More of the same!!  Although this time I was by myself.  And I had all the time in the world to wander and enjoy the day.

Today is one of Munich's finest days - sunny, warm (but not hot), not a cloud in the sky.  *This* is what living in Europe should be like every day.

Street after street is lined with tables filled with all kinds of ephemera, waiting for you to discover the treasure(s) you just can't live without.  Yes, I found quite a few.

Sorry to say I forgot my camera this morning, but this is the sort of how it looked:
Flohmarkt - Gewusel von Ilse Jentzsch
*you can find this photo here*

I got a number of dresses for the girls (none costing more than 2 Euro), a 29,99 Euro sweater from Zara for H for only 1,50 Euro (new with tags), several blazers for me, some stuffed animals, a book, scarves ...  

At one point, after buying myself a cute little skirt, someone behind me touched my shoulder and said my name.  It's a bit shocking to encounter someone I know on the streets in another part of the city, considering that I don't know that many people.  She's a friend who lives not so far, and she took several of my bags and loaded them up in her car to deliver to me later today.  Cool, eh?  That significantly freed up my hands for yet more shopping.  Thanks, Isabella!  (I'm tellin' ya -- these Germans know how to go the extra mile and help a girl out!!)

Note to tourists: when visiting Munich, load up on Euro coins, check the papers and head to the nearest fleamarket!  It's well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment